Agoric Staking (BLD)
Agoric (BLD) Staking Guide
In this step-by-step guide, we will explain to you how to stake your BLD token by using Keplr wallet. Let’s get started!
- 2.Add “Keplr” window will appear. Here's when you choose to Add Extension.
- 3.When the download completes, you can begin interacting with your browser extension by clicking on it at the top right corner of your browser
- 4.You'll now launch the Keplr wallet extension and will see the following 3 options
- 1.Create a new account via seed/mnemonic phrase
- 2.Import your account from a compatible non-custodial wallet
- 3.Connect using a hardware wallet
- 1.If you are setting up Keplr for the first time: In the initial pop-up window, choose Create new recovery phrase.
- 2.Choose to have a recovery phrase of 24 words, then take care to save them. The safest way is to write the words on paper and store them in a secure place. Avoid taking screenshots of the words or copying them into your computer/phone notes.
- 3.To confirm the creation of the new account, all you have to do is key in the words in the right order in which they appear in your recovery phrase, enter a name for your account, and set your password. Choose carefully, if possible, prefer a password you’re not using in any other application, and then click Next. If you have used Keplr before, this step will be skipped as you have already set your name and password when creating/importing your first account.
When you are all set it is time to learn how to stake BLD tokens.
BLD holders can earn staking rewards, thereby increasing their BLD holdings by simply staking their BLD tokens with any one of the active validators on the network.
To stake BLD tokens you must first have some BLD tokens and send them to a wallet that supports staking.
Once you’ve transferred your tokens to a stake-supporting wallet, you may proceed with staking your tokens on the network to earn staking rewards.
Select a validator of your choice to stake your tokens to.
Once you have made your decision of validator, click >, then Stake.
In order to improve decentralization, please consider staking to out of top 10 validator.
Next step is to decide and key in the number of BLD tokens you want to stake in the input field and click Stake.
IMPORTANT: Do not stake all of your token, you need to save some to pay for network fees.
Next, click the transaction fee to choose the range of fees on display.
Click on Approve to confirm your transaction.
You have now staked your BLD tokens and will begin earning staking rewards!
Congratulations! You’ve just staked your BLD to a validator!
Thank you for reading.
If you enjoyed this staking guide, please support us with a follow.
Unlock the Power of Staking with Our Trusted Blockchain Infrastructure Services!
We aim to decentralize the Proof-of-Stake blockchain ecosystem. We’re highly familiar with the Tendermint-based blockchains such as Cosmos, Kava, Quicksilver; Ethereum and EVM-chains like Harmony; and substrate-based chains such as Cardano. Our global team is continuously improving our automations and constantly monitoring our operations to ensure high availability and resilience.
Our infrastructure is a hybrid of data centers bolstered with Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), and distributed globally at multiple Cloud providers. Our mission is to help provide a sound infrastructure, tooling and services, so that developers can build with confidence. We hope you like our contributions into the ecosystems that we support. To find out more about networks that we support, checkout our website below.
Last modified 12d ago