Quicksilver Staking (QCK)
Quicksilver (QCK) Staking Guide
Quicksilver is a sovereign Cosmos-SDK zone that provides liquid staking for the Interchain. It can scale to onboard a limitless number of zones with zero onboarding effort required from zones and validators.
The Quicksilver native token, with the ticker QCK, has these specific roles: governance, security and payment of on-chain fees.
QCK is a Proof of Stake token. Therefore, it allows every QCK token holder to enjoy staking rewards by delegating their token to a Quicksilver Validator.
In this step-by-step guide, we will explain to you how to delegate your QCK token by using Keplr wallet. Let’s get started!
2. Add “Keplr” window will show off. Here you have to choose Add Extension.
3. At the end of the download, you can start to interact with your browser extension by clicking on it.
4. Now you have 5 options: import your account from a *compatible non-custodial wallet, import your Ledger account, create a new account via seed/mnemonic phrase, sign in with Google account or connect *Keystone.
*compatible means a wallet that allows you to use the mnemonic/seed phrase to import your account to Keplr.
* Keystone is a top-notch hardware wallet for optimal security, user-friendly interface and extensive compatibility.
1. If you are setting up Keplr for the first time: In the initial pop-up window, choose Create New Account if you have used Keplr before: In the extension click on the silhouette in the upper-right corner, then the blue box Add Account & select Create New Account.
2. Choose to have a seed/mnemonic phrase of 24 words, then take care to save them. The safest way is to write the words on paper and store them in a secure place. Avoid taking screenshots of the words or copying them into your computer/phone notes.
3. Now enter a name for your account (you can change it later).
4. You can change the derivation path by clicking on Advanced, but this is optional and not suggested for how we are going to use Keplr. If you are interested in knowing more about the HD wallet derivation path, you can find more in the Keplr FAQ, section General Questions.
5. Once you are sure that you have correctly transcribed the seed/mnemonic phrase, click on Next.
6. To confirm the creation of the new account, all you have to do is click on the words in the right order in which they appear in your seed/mnemonic phrase and press Register.
7. If you have just downloaded Keplr extension, it’s time to set your password! Choose carefully, if possible, prefer a password you’re not using in any other application, and then click Confirm. If you have used Keplr before, this step will be skipped as you have already set your password when creating/importing your first account.
1. Note: The suggested path is to create an account via Mnemonic phrase or delegate via Ledger, we describing this procedure only because is the first time it is applied to Cosmos wallets and people might be not familiar with it.
2. Choose the option Sign in with Google.
3. Now enter the email/phone number associated with your Google account, its password, and then click Next. In case you don’t have an account yet, you can create one by pressing the create account button.
4. Time to set your Keplr Wallet password! Choose carefully, if possible one password you’re not using in any other application, and then click Confirm.
When you are all set it is time to learn how to stake $QCK.
QCK holders can earn staking rewards, thereby increasing their QCK holdings by simply staking their QCK tokens with any one of the active validators on the network.
To stake QCK tokens you must first to have your QCK tokens either airdrop for supported chain stakers(exp: Stargaze stakers)/qAssets stakers or get QCK tokens from Decentralized Exchange (exp: https://app.osmosis.zone) and send them to a wallet that supports staking.
Once you’ve transferred your tokens to a stake-supporting wallet, you may proceed with staking your tokens on the network to earn staking rewards.
First, open your Keplr extension and press Stake.
Select a validator of your choice to delegate your tokens to. We suggest you our validator — KysenPool Wave.
Once you have made your decision of validator, click >, then Delegate.
Next step is to decide the number of QCK tokens you want to delegate, press Delegate.
IMPORTANT: Do not delegate all of your token, you need to save some to pay for network fees.
Type the decided amount in the input field and click Delegate.
Next, select the transaction fee from the range of fees on display.
The Memo field is optional. You may leave it empty until you are not sending your tokens to an exchange.
Click on Approve to confirm your transaction.
You have now staked your QCK tokens and will begin earning staking rewards!
Congratulations! You’ve just delegated QCK to a validator!
Thank you for reading!!!
We strive to build your trust with our technical diligence while helping support the QCK blockchain network by staking your QCK tokens while earning rewards!
Unlock the Power of Staking with Our Trusted Blockchain Infrastructure Services!
We aim to decentralize the Proof-of-Stake blockchain ecosystem. We’re highly familiar with the Tendermint-based blockchains such as Cosmos, Kava, Quicksilver; Ethereum and EVM-chains like Harmony; and substrate-based chains such as Cardano. Our global team is continuously improving our automations and constantly monitoring our operations to ensure high availability and resilience.
Our infrastructure is a hybrid of data centers bolstered with Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), and distributed globally at multiple Cloud providers. Our mission is to help provide a sound infrastructure, tooling and services, so that developers can build with confidence. We hope you like our contributions into the ecosystems that we support. To find out more about networks that we support, checkout our website below.
Last modified 12d ago